Michael Jackson’s father has plenty of accusations against the overseers of his late son’s will. Joe Jackson filed a 60-page motion to get money from his son’s estate by making fraud accusation against John Branca and John McClain. He believes the men have a conflict of interest and shouldn’t be in charge of the case.
But a judge on Tuesday dismissed Jackson’s bid to challenge the appointment, effectively shutting the showbiz dad down. “Joe Jackson takes none of this estate. This is a decision his son made,” Judge Mitchell Beckloff told the court.
Earlier in the day, Jackson’s mother Katherine withdrew her objections to the appointment of the executors. Joe Jackson’s lawyer, Brian Oxman, accused Katherine of backing out on an agreement with her family to challenge the executors and called the announcement “one of the most despicable things I have ever seen.”
The showbiz dad was omitted from his son’s will, with all assets going to his mother Katherine, his children and charities.
The flamboyant Oxman spoke before the ruling: “The executors have an obligation to tell the court the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,” Oxman said. “But for four months they’ve been silent as to where this will was signed. They are concealing this from the court and you cannot do that.”
Citing lack of income, Joe Jackson is also seeking an allowance from his son’s estate to help cover expenses that exceed $15,000 a month, according to court documents filed last week.
Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for Branca and McClain, said he was “quite surprising to learn of the request.”
Joe Jackson stated that his monthly expenses are $20,000 but he only receives $1700 from the estate according to court papers filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court. They also claimed the King of Pop’s estate has earned approximately $100 million since his death on June 25th. The request will be assessed in a hearing expected to occur next year.