This week’s Fever Gadget Spotlight is on the Samsung SL420 digital camera. This must have digital camera features a resolution of 10.2 megapixels, offers Face Detection technology and is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The SL420 has a large 2.7-inch LCD display, powerful 5x optical zoom, and Dual Image Stabilization, which combines the strengths of both Optical and Digital Image Stabilization to help reduce blur.
The camera is designed for the average Joe with no professional experience, but the outcome is a high quality product that makes well above average prints. The SL420 includes several fully automatic exposure modes that will help you capture great photos, without having to learn a new trade. Not only do you have access to Auto, Program, and 14 "Scene modes", the SL420 also features a Smart Auto mode as well as a helpful Photo Help Guide. Below are the SL420 Main Features:
* 10.2-megapixel CCD image sensor for images sizes up to 4000×3000 pixels
* Samsung 5x optical zoom lens
* Smart Auto exposure mode chooses from 12 scene modes for best possible results
* Program AE mode offers access to more advaced setttings (ISO, WB, etc.)
* Dual Image Stabilization
* Face Detection system with Blink Detection, Smile Shot, and Beauty Shot options
* Capture video at 640×480 or 320×240 (30/15fps) w/audio
* Powerful Effects such as Face Retouch,Red Eye Reduction, Photo Style Selector and Image Adjustment (Sharpness, Saturation, Contrast)
* 2.7-inch color TFT LCD screen with 230K pixels
* Macro focus as close as 4 inches (10cm) from the lens
* Adjustable sensitivity from ISO 80 – 3200
* Adjustable ISO, white balance, and metering
* 40MB of internal memory and removable SD/SDHC/MMC card storage
* Voice recording mode enables use as a digital sound recorder
* In-camera edit menu for making adjustments to still images
* Li-ion rechargeable battery, charged via USB (AC Adapter included)
* USB 2.0 Mass Storage and PictBridge compliant
Few point and shoot cameras offer the combination of value and performance that Samsung has included with its SL420. For a low-priced, beginner camera, the SL420's image quality is very good, both with indoor and outdoor photos. Colors are well produced, photos are sharp, and close-up images are well focused.
The SL420's response times are better than average. The SL420 is ready to shoot very quickly after you press the power button.
The SL420's Beauty Shot mode automatically airbrushes, making images look professionally retouched without the use of a computer. This mode is ideal for portraits and headshots.
Samsung also included more than a dozen scene modes with the SL420, all of which are very helpful, making this camera perform extremely well in fully automatic mode.
With the Holidays arriving in a few short weeks the Samsung SL420 is a great gift for anyone.